Tuesday, August 5, 2014

8\5

It's been some time since the last time I wrote in here. So much in my life has changed. It would be hard for me to explain it all in one sitting. Friends have moved far away, some have kids, full time jobs, lives that take over all the spare time we had to enjoy. I'm in my 30's now, WOW! I have a job I've been at almost 2 years which is totally different from what I use to do. I miss my clients, but I don't miss some of the dynamics. Thinking back on the whole marriage topic....

On August 24th 2013, I married my best friend Kyle. It's been an amazing year yet I have to say that not much seems to have changed relationship wise. I guess when you've been with someone for over 6 years, it's hard to think a ring changes everything. We've been working on this thing for a while now It's not like we're eighteen and just starting our adult lives. Yet there's a sense of completion, like it's for real finally. I guess that's a relationship change.

Another would be how open I am about my relationship with Kyle now. I don't think I've really talked about it on here before. There's been times when I've thought about saying something, yet I really don't like making a big deal about it. I don't make my sexual preference the main focus on my life and it doesn't help I spent so long closeted.  Since opening up more about all this, I lost a few close people, but I'm thankful for everyone else who has stayed by me even if they don't agree with how I live my life. We find so many other places to find common ground and I love them so very much.

I find it funny that I'm more open about this aspect off myself yet generally I find nmyself to be a more private person... possibly leading up to several years of not keeping up with a blog... or perhaps the fact personal blogs have gone through their more popular time and aren't the huge craze.

I know when it all happened, or at least a big contributing factor is when I lost my mom. I hate to say it but truth is truth. I went through a hard period before I found my footing again, but there is some thing, or rather some one stolen from me and I'll never fully recover.



No comments:

Post a Comment