Saturday, September 18, 2010

Collage Inspiration

I've been toying with the idea of making a collage of places I love to visit and displaying it somewhere in my apartment.  I got the idea from a collection of photos I saw at Target.  There was a different assortment of international landmarks and signs.  Some were in full color, some black and white, and others were black and white with a little color highlighting the silhouette or sign. Although I love to see Big Ben or the Chrysler Building in photos, I have no real connection to these places. I'm slowly working on my own collection, but here is a small sample of the pictures I have so far.  Some are recent and others are old photos I've taken that I want to include.


Bloomington's courthouse from afar.
Limestone sculpture on the courthouse in Bloomington, IN.


Lest we forget.
Interstate Bridge connecting Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR.


Circle Center in Indianapolis, IN
Sign in Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland, OR


Limestone sculpture around the John Fernandez Waterpark.
Jake's has been a Portland landmark for me since I first visited. I don't know why.  


Indiana University clock tower.
It's the Merk, what else can I say.


Looking through one of the doorways of Sample Gates towards Kirkwood Ave in Bloomington, IN
"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God."
Limestone sculpture on the downtown square in Bloomington, IN.


Sample Gate in Bloomington, IN
   
Opie Taylors of Bloomington, IN
Salmon sculpture at Ester Short Park.


Woman riding with miniature horse prepping for the Highlander Parade
Clock tower in Ester Short Park.
I'm thinking of making this one a B/W (Bloomington courthouse square sculture)
Assortment of ties at the Highlander Festival last weekend. This is a maybe, and I know it doesn't really fit the theme perhaps.

I want to take a few more B/W photos to balance it out, and then I'll color in a few of them too just like the inspirational pictures. That's all I have for now until next time. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment