Sunday, August 21, 2011

Overcoming of My Inner Critique

Lately I've been pressing myself to be more expressive artistically. For too long I've let my inner critique overcome my passion. This past week I've been working on a painting. I don't paint much, yet Michael's was having a great deal on canvas and I have been finding a strong desire to dip my brush in paint and see what happens. I've had many ideas in my head and have started several other works, yet this has been the one I have chosen to call finished. I see the imperfections, yet I'm standing back and being happy with what I have accomplished. On Facebook I've been posting a daily photo of where I have been when I've finished for the day. This evening I took the last strokes on the canvas and signed my name. Although painting is suppose to be calming, I initially felt great anxiety. During the formation of the table, flowers, and container, I felt more at ease felling like what I was wanting to convey was beginning to show. I plan to create more finished works as my mind begins to come up with more ideas. There will definitely be some frustration involved, yet I know the more I practice the better I'll be which in turn I hope will lessen the power of the inner critique.





No comments:

Post a Comment