Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back Home Again In Indiana: The Family Album

This past September I made a much needed trip out to Indiana to visit family and friends. To say that it was much needed does not even describe in full how necessarry it was for me to visit home. The last time I was out there was after my mom had passed back in Nov '09. I spent a little over 3 weeks leaving in mid December. Back then, I never would have thought it would have taken me so lng to get over in that region again. Inside I can tell that staying away for too long has hindered my healing in some ways because I'm not just grieving the loss of mom, but feeling the emptiness of not having my surviving relatives around also. Thankfully I have seen them and have had some very special moments along with reconnecting with some very good friends as well. It's been one of the best weeks of 2011 for me. Here are just a few of the photos of family taken during this time.


Jesse, Me, Marcy. These are 2 of the loves of my life.
Marcy with a flannel hat I wore off the plane as a joke since the NW is known for their lumber jacks. The hat was accompanied by a matching shirt.  

This is Kiwi, an Indian Ringneck that's been in the family for years.

Kiwi's longtime mate Lily

Sweetpea, another longtime family pet. His hatchday is the 21st of Oct. I can't believe he'll be 11yrs old.

This beautiful bird is Cocoa.

 Cindy.

Uhhh.. Hatchet Girl... Please don't ask unless you ask Jesse.

My nephew named his cat Cristal after a character from The Boondocks which was a refference to the champagne. Don't ask me why. I gues he thought it was funny. lol By the time I left, this cat loved me to death and was my little shadow. They say she still waits by the door looking for me to come through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment