Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Green Thumb Kinda Life

So I've spoken before about having a green thumb. I decided earlier to take a few pictures of my balcony garden. I wish I had more room but I've tried to make due with what I got. I've also learned a thing or two about container gardening. The plants have been through a rough few extremely hot days, but I've been trying to keep everything watered well. I also think they look pretty good for what they've gone through.
This is the left hand side of everything. Tomatoes to the far left, phlox that's done flowering the ding it's 'fading from the spotlight' thing, some herbs in small light colored pots, glads, and some strawberry runners that are establishing themselves.

To the right there's a few more things like a Japanese maple, honey suckle, and some veggies.

This is a closeup of some tomatoes that are growing. They're going to be big!


One big tomato and it's not even ripe!



This zucchini was a surprise to me. I've never grown it before, but I thought the zucchini would need 2 flowers.. one male and one female to produce fruit... Well, this looks like fruit to me and all I saw was a female flower. Can't wait to harvest this one!!!! Yum!




Some pics of my baby lettuce.... second round. This time instead of actually planting the seeds I scattered them on the soil and let them sprout. I've had better results this way by far! I guess that's one lesson learned for me.












I may have to divide this but I'm not sure if I will.







I love herbs and I love to cook with fresh ones when I can. I've got several types of thyme, some rosemary, basil, mint, oregano, cilantro, chives, and parsley. Yum!



And here's a plant my room mate is trying to grow, a pumpkin plant! I hope it'll produce!







No comments:

Post a Comment