Friday, April 10, 2009

The Art Kinda Life.

I have been drawing since I was a small child. I've always enjoyed it, but it wasn't until I was about nine that I knew that one day I would be an artist. It was after someone bought me my first comic, Batman # 482. I was so inspired by the art of making cool costumes and giving these people powers and making up stories in my head... I knew that that's the one thing I would love most to do. Photobucket



From that first comic I started to imitate how to draw people. I studied for hours on how to recreate the pages I was reading. I studied lines, facial expressions, poses, ect. I'd study and draw until I felt like I had it down to do myself.. It's a habit I still use at times, but any more I can draw from memory.



From Batman, I grew to my next love. The X-Men. I loved them so much! I loved the stories, the art. (Which was drawn alot by Jim Lee at the time) I loved the characters too; Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Multiple Man, Beast, and even Wolverine. I'd faithfully buy and catchup on stories. I'd study them, consume them, eat, sleep, drink them! I even had favorite teams. X-Factor, then Generation X being my ultimate favorite. I've even re-bought the first Generation X comic.. *loves*



My obsession with comics started to wan after the whole Onslaught story line when I was about 14. http://www.marvel.com/universe/Onslaught_%28entity%29 I didn't even finish it. Around this time I started to have a huge artist's block. I had no inspiration, no creative juice.. nothing. This lasted for a long period of my teen years, and it started after I read the Sandman grapich novel called, 'Preludes and Nocturnes '.Photobucket



Today, I've picked up a few comics now and then and get re-inspired like I use to. Usually I read graphic novels though. Batman: H.U.S.H. being one of my favorite stories of all time. I even caught up on what happened with the Onslaught line too but can't get into any of the new stuff. the 80's and 90's X-Men will always be my favorite. I still have a dream of being an artist, an actual one. I'm my very worst critic and probably always will.. I do feel that with some actual schooling I could be really good.



So here it is, my first blog I hope anyone who has read this has at least enjoyed it a little. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment